FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Onne Base, Port Harcourrt
Plumbs and fits small bore control tubing to FMC trees under supervision or with direction. Continues to train on more advanced/complex assemblies and job scopes
Main Tasks– Plumbs and fits hydraulic control tubing per engineering P&IDs. Applies and develops basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials/equipment
– Completes required test documentation including test reports, failed test reports and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)
– Ensures work areas in and out of workshop are clean and that all tools and equipment are stored away correctly
– Ensures components are cleaned up after assembly according to FMC specifications as well as verbal and written instructions
– Ensures labor details into Labor Tracking System (LTS) for cost tracking purposes
– Ensures material handling equipment are used to move parts and components from one work area to another as required
– Ensures procedures and practices are kept safe for next level
– Assists other Assemblers as assigned in – more advanced functions
Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area and practices good housekeeping in work area.
Skills And Requirements
Technical College or University Engineering degree preferred but not required
Ability to comprehend all engineering and weld blueprints and all written engineering procedures. Knowledge of components and circuits and their interfaces at a subassembly level. Ability to read and interpret schematics and Bills of Material (BOM). Ability to use personal computer and/or workstation. Knowledge and ability to bend control tubing per specification and make and break connections per specifications or demonstrates the mechanical ability to learn the process quickly.
Demonstrates good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
Ability to operate High and Low Pressure Pumps, Hydrostatic Pumps, High Torque Wrenches, Overhead Cranes, Jib Cranes, Forklifts, and Rigging. Ability to use hand tools, tube benders, power tools and measuring devices such as height gauges, adjustable parallels, calipers and pressure gauges.