Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
The Overall Purpose of the Role
Systems Sales Engineer supporting the West Africa in pursuing all systems (DeltaV) opportunities. The individual by virtue of coverage in the region will bring in leads for LCS, MHM, AO etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead divisional sales and business development initiatives in West Africa.
- Meet or exceed territory financial objectives required in support of the PSS MEA business plan.
- Collaborate with and support sales representatives in the region.
- Develop and implement sales strategies for projects. Maintain an accurate project pursuit list and provide monthly reports and forecasts to divisional Sales & Marketing Directors in PATT.
- Prepare and present marketing forecasts, pricing surveys, competitor intelligence and country marketing plans.
- Work closely with proposal generation group to ensure all offers reflect customer needs, are competitively priced and are submitted on time.
- Improve customer satisfaction by finding solutions to their needs.
- Take a pro-active role in working with the Emerson Global Project Pursuit Team representative to identify, qualify and pursue control system projects to achieve order conversion and maximize the potential for all Emerson Process Management products and services.
- Develop long-term relationships with senior management within customer accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of Emerson Process Management.
- Promote the business benefits of PlantWeb to customers.
- Profile accounts and establish a clear understanding of business drivers and process control requirements.
- Liaise with Emerson personnel Worldwide for Global Project Pursuit.
- Capture customer key business drivers and ensure inclusion within Emerson proposals.
- Maximize revenue and profit from the existing installed base.
- Job Requirements
Education and Qualifications
- University/College/Bachelors, School Education (up to 12 Grade), Diploma Engineering/Technical/Business
- 2 – 5 Years Experience
- English/Portuguese – fluent
- French – Preferable
- Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Listening, Planning, Presentation Skills, Priority Setting, Drive for Results
- Additional Company Information
How to apply :
- If you feel that your skills and attributes match the Emerson requirements please apply via the careers pages by completing the online application and uploading an up to date CV.
Emerson MEA Selection Process:
- The selection process once shortlisting has been completed will involve an initial telephone screening interview followed up, if successful, by a full selection event at one of our regional offices.
- Emerson Middle East & Africa are an equal opportunities employer and hiring decisions will be made regardless of s*x, race, religious belief, age, disability or s*xual orientation.
- Contact Information
- We operate a preferred supplier list for recruitment agencies and search firms. This list is reviewed periodically, but we are not currently considering adding any new suppliers – and we’re continuing our existing policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from any recruitment agencies or search firms. We’d also ask that you refrain from routinely contacting HR or our business leaders.