Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance.
Employment Status: Full Time Regular
About this job
As a leader in the energy consulting sector, GCA offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. GCA is an international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical and managerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry.
For over 50 years GCA has provided both broad-based and detailed advice resulting in solutions-orientated, commercially viable and practical results designed to meet our client’s specific requirements. In addition to reservoir engineering, GCA advises a wide group of clients in exploration, reservoir evaluation, field development, drilling and production, pipeline, refining and LNG projects throughout the world.
The focus of this office is on Collaboration projects with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket. The aim is to provide Integrated Services to local players, Indigenous Companies (IC’s) and small IOC’s.
Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the greater Baker Hughes, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and become defined.
- Preparation of reports and technical presentations.
- Designing graphical work and preparing graphics to be included in reports, presentations, product datasheets, external conferences etc. utilizing various software packages.
- Support in responding to tenders and preparing proposals.
- Providing cover for the senior members of the team where required, including presentations to clients, attendance at conferences and seminars.
- Providing technical/geophysical work using geophysical/geological packages. Carry out market studies, competitor analysis and monitor client activities.
- Collating and updating internal knowledge, technical, client contacts and admin databases.
- Liaise with Baker Hughes product lines, stay in touch with the latest upstream technologies.
- Carrying out administrative duties as assigned by the RDS Nigeria General Manager.
- Promoting, developing and maintaining a safe place of work and applying safe working practices (meeting statutory health and safety requirements).
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be skilled in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel plus should have basic IT troubleshooting capabilities.
- Working knowledge of geophysical and Geological software packages (e.g. JewelSuite, Petrel, Kingdom) is required.
- A background in desk top publishing or knowledge in this area would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate should be flexible, prioritize effectively and be proactive to develop ideas within the team.
- A technical background and analytical skills are required.
- Knowledge of FTP sites and data transfer is a plus.
- It would be a plus to know Baker Hughes overall business.
- Must be able to adhere to Baker Hughes ethical codes.
- Must have a strong client focus. Excellent written and verbal communication is required. Must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
- First degree in Geophysics is required.
- Relevant work experience within this discipline field
- Able to work in Nigeria, familiar with the work culture and environment (The office location is in Lagos but limited travel may be required).
Education & Experience:
- M.Sc. in Geophysics or equivalent
- 5 Plus years Industry experience is required, and product line training.
- Ability to use own initiative at all times.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Good communication skills